2013-01-06

Nvidia's own driver for my GT650M!

I remember when I first got my MSI GE60 laptop, Nvidia did not provide drivers for the GT650M direct on their website.  Because my last laptop had ATI GFX card, I thought it was normal that I don't get drivers direct from the card vendor, but rather from the laptop vendor.  Boy was I wrong!

I was running 296.31 and on MSI's webpage, their latest driver is beta driver for 302.75.  It's been beta since September 2012... I googled around and found some people having issues with Apple not releasing updated driver for their MBP with the same GT650M.  There were some people putting links to try a beta version of Nvidia's driver (with lots of .inf file hacking).  So I thought, "Hey why not check out Nvidia's website?"  So 15 minutes later, I'm running 310.70 driver :)

So the moral of the story is... check out Nvidia's webpage!  I just checked and I see 310.90 is out...

1 comment:

  1. whats your msi ge60 model?
    whats your current driver now? is it stable?

    ReplyDelete