2016-03-22

Xbox One Controller loses sync to your console?

If you've tried everything that's listed in http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects and still can't seem to make your Xbox One Controller stay sync-ed to your console you might want to give this a try
  1. Disable Instant-On mode.
  2. Turn off console by holding onto the power button (the Xbox logo) in the front until the console shuts down completely.
  3. Pull the power cable from the rear.
  4. Wait over a minute.
  5. Plug in the power cable and power on the console again.  Re-sync the controller to the console as necessary.
 I was really frustrated at my XBO after about half  year of happily gaming on it, that I had to keep re-sync the controller to the console, sometimes with the USB cable too.  I actually went as far as try to raise a case with Microsoft.  And I give them full credit on making it super easy to raise a case to get a console replaced, almost no questions asked.  I was a bit concerned that replacing the console was a bit extreme, so I decided to call their support line.  After explaining my situation, the support lady put me on hold for a minute before returning to give me the above hint, as it supposedly clears the "cache".  I guess she's referring to the CMOS cache.

I tried it and it seems to have worked wonders!  Xbox One now wakes 100% from the controller, I have zero sync issues between controller and console.  The support call lady told me this is a pretty reliable fix so I don't understand why they don't listed it in their troubleshooting page.  I have no idea how common this issue is as I did research for quite a while before deciding to contact Microsoft.  Maybe it's just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment